Friday, May 06, 2005

A Post?

Wow. I missed April! Not one post. But I have been studying. I've been faciliating two different bible studies. Between working full time, working on various ministry projects and faciliating these studies, I have been in constant motion. I did finish some studies notes for 1 Peter - "A guide for dwelling in earthly places as
heavenly pilgrims
." These notes were developed for my own study but I started handing them out because I thought others might find them useful and now I've posted them. Unfortunately, I didn't include a reference section (which I still need to add). When preparing this study I consulted JND Kelly, Ramsey Michaels, the Ancient Christian Commentary on Scripture, and I prepared against the backdrop of NT Wright's thoughts. Reading 1 Peter reminded me of the value of immersing ourselves in the stories of the Old Testament. When we don't keep the stories fresh in our minds, we can easily lose teh wonderfully rich allusion present all throughout the text.

I am also faciliating a study on Galatians - "The Good News That's Too Good to Be True." I'll post those notes when I finish.

I must say that I absolutely love study the Bible. Not to argue the texts; not to knock people in the head; not to garner spiritual brownie points--but to encounter the Word of God, the revelation of Jesus Christ. When the Holy Spirit quickens my heart to the presence of Christ, I am overwhelmed by His goodness. God is better than I could even imagine him to be.

No comments: